NAF Scholarship Program
The purpose of the NAF Scholarship and Educational Assistant Fund is to encourage and support talented students in need to pursue careers in the arts and sciences. We accomplish this through scholarships awarded to qualified students who would otherwise not be able to pay for all or part of their educational expenses. Our scholarship recipients are selected on both financial need and a merit-based approach. Successful candidates must meet be committed to the values and legacy of community service.
Our program awards scholarships in three categories – One-Year Scholarships, Four-Year Scholarships, and NAF Relative Scholarships. Applicants fill out one application that will be used to consider candidates for any of the categories. Applicants should indicate on the application which category (or categories) they wish to be considered for, provided that they meet the requirements for that category. General requirements for all NAF scholarships are specified on the “Scholarship Selection Criteria” sheet of the application.
Scholarships One-year or four-year scholarships are awarded to full-time students progressing towards a degree or certification in an eligible program. Candidates must meet requirements to be considered for scholarship renewal after the first year award.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants interested in consideration for a scholarship award should write a letter of application or complete the application forms and may submit them either by regular mail or by email. Applications must include all items identified on the “Scholarship Selection Criteria”. Applications are received throughout the academic year. NAF is not responsible for missing applications. Decisions by NAF Scholarship committee are final, except where more compelling documentation is provided.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Regular Mail: NAF Scholarships P.O Box 517 Tiko, Cameroon
Other Mail: Hand Delivery Completed application to NAF representative
- The candidate must be enrolled as a full-time student in any academic institution in Cameroon.
- The candidate must have a grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The candidate must submit an official transcript.
- The candidate must complete a typed, double-spaced essay, not to exceed 500 words, addressing the following:
- Why you are pursuing a career in the chosen field
- Your understanding of NAF and how involvement with this organization will help you to achieve your academic/professional aspirations and objectives
- What distinguishes you from other candidates?
- The candidate must submit two (2) letters of recommendation from a school teacher or faculty member, supervisor, members of the clergy, or employer
- The recipient must show proof of need and academic potential.
- The candidate must submit a formal application for consideration.
- Please fill out all applicable fields to complete the forms.
- The application package must be received by NAF in time for the school year
Download form HERE! NAF Scholarship Application